- Building Maintenance Technician »
- Senior Project Manager (Electrical & Tech) »
- JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN »
- Facilities Project Coordinator »
- Maintenance Assistant (Atlanta, GA) »
Emergency Messaging Unit - SimplexGrinnell - Facility Management Product Release
The Simplex TrueAlert text messaging appliance, an electronic reader board with a two-line LED display for text messages can be used to notify people of an emergency and instruct them what to do. Powered and controlled through a Simplex fire-alarm panel, the TrueAlert text-messaging appliance enhances emergency communications in places where high ambient noise levels or poor acoustic conditions might compromise the effectiveness of voice communications. The visual text-messaging device also can be useful in providing emergency notification to people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
The TrueAlert visual display unit connects to a Simplex fire panel and can be mounted to a wall or suspended from the ceiling. Pre-programmed emergency messages are stored in the display panel's memory and activated in an emergency through an interface to the fire-control panel. The text messages, similar to audio messages delivered through a voice-evacuation system, are intended to supplement other audible and strobe-type notification devices.
- Emergency Notification Systems: Three Choices To Consider
- H1N1 Facts: What Facility Managers Need To Know About Swine Flu
- Proactively Protect Your Office From the Next Pandemic
- Resilience: Are You Ready for the Next Crisis?
- Facility Strong: How to Fund Investments in Resilience
- 2 Dead from COVID-19, Florida County Closes Building
- 5 Steps To Evaluating Sites For Critical Facilities
- 8,400 Buildings Destroyed in California Fires