Elevator System - ThyssenKrupp - Facility Management Product Release
MULTI is a rope-less and sideways-moving elevator system. Instead of one cabin per shaft moving up and down, the MULTI offers multiple cabins operating in loop, like a metro system inside a building. Without the use of cables, MULTI runs on a multi-level brake system and redundant wireless data and energy management system on the cars.
As our cities continue to grow and buildings get larger and taller to accommodate more people, planners and architects face significant challenges around moving people comfortably and quickly to their destinations. MULTI can achieve up to 50 percent higher transport capacity and reduce peak power demand by as much as 60 percent when compared to conventional elevator systems. Additionally, since MULTI can move sideways as well as vertically, and without any height limitations, it enables unprecedented possibilities in the architecture and design of buildings.
MULTI requires fewer and smaller shafts than conventional elevators and can increase the building’s usable area by up to 25 percent. The MULTI requires dramatically lower peak power permitting a better management of the building’s energy needs, consequently reducing the investment costs in the power supply infrastructure.
- Eliminating In-Cab Elevator Controls
- Maintenance Tips For Elevator Controls
- What The Elevator Code Says About Fires
- Technology Drives New Best Practices in Elevator Maintenance
- Careful Screening Required to Find Reliable Elevator Service Provider
- Making Elevator Modernization Decisions
- 10 Steps to Prepare Elevators for Hazardous Weather
- AC Motors One Way to Cut Elevators’ Energy Use
- Are Elevators the Next Smart Items for Facility and Maintenance Managers?