Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Elevator Offers Sustainable, Cost-Effective Solution for Low-Rise - Schindler - Facility Management Product Release
The Schindler 3100 is an MRL specifically designed to replace hydraulic elevators for the low-rise commercial and multi-unit residential market in the U.S. It is designed to allow for more usable building and design space by eliminating the need for a machine room or a control closet. It fits seamlessly into the footprint of a hydraulic elevator design, yet provides the smooth, quiet operation of traction technology. In addition, Schindler 3100 cabs are on average five percent larger than the average MRL cab. The system is delivered to the building site in one complete shipment allowing accelerated lead times and quick installation.
The Schindler 3100 offers a sleek Italian cab design and finishes to fit any style or building décor.
Eco-friendly, efficient features include:
• Gearless machine designed to save energy
• Stable start uses energy more efficiently and reduces electric costs
• Frequency converter with emergency evacuation allows elevator to return safely to nearest floor in the event of a building power outage
• Controls automatically switch car lights to standby mode to save energy
• Car panel and floor indicators all operate with low power, LED lights
• Multi-bus control architecture reduces cabling, material and waste
• Smart controls provide more efficient passenger transportation
• Car lighting equipped with energy-efficient lamps
• Door drive with standby mode uses less electricity
In addition, each Schindler 3100 is equipped with Schindler Direct, a proactive maintenance tool that monitors the system 24/7 and helps return equipment to service up to 22 percent faster than traditional troubleshooting methods. A potential outage can be remotely noted and locally addressed before the building is affected.
- Eliminating In-Cab Elevator Controls
- Maintenance Tips For Elevator Controls
- What The Elevator Code Says About Fires
- Making Elevator Modernization Decisions
- Evaluating Existing Elevator System
- Retrofitting Elevators for Energy Efficiency: Pros and Cons
- 10 Steps to Prepare Elevators for Hazardous Weather
- AC Motors One Way to Cut Elevators’ Energy Use
- Are Elevators the Next Smart Items for Facility and Maintenance Managers?