Alerts and timely updates on education and technologies to help facilities management professionals
Data Center Fire Prevention - FirePass - Facility Management Product Release
Fire Prevention and Suppression System creates an atmosphere inside a computer room in which nothing can ignite or burn but which is safe for people, according to the company. The system produces hypoxic (oxygen-depleted) air from ambient air. This environment is not an alternative to fire-suppression systems, but a complementary option to prevent ignition. There is no need to remove an existing sprinkler system. This environment corresponds in partial pressure of oxygen to the altitude of 9,000 feet.
The system can be applied as a single computer-rack enclosure or as an enclosure built around multiple computer racks. In addition, a room or entire building can be converted into hypoxic environment.
- Photoluminescent Egress Lighting: How It Works And Why
- The Importance of Firestop Training
- Special Attention Required for Fire Doors and Door Hardware Selection
- Regular Inspections and Testing Keep Fire Sprinklers Working Properly
- Valve Problems, Water Quality Can Affect Fire Sprinkler Functionality
- Abandoned Cabling Increases Fire Risk
- Active Shooter Standard Fast-Tracked by NFPA
- Active Shooter Standard in Development at NFPA