Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Sr. Director Campus Maintenance & Operations »
- Building Services Officer »
- Asst Director of Bldg Operations & Utilities »
- FACILITIES SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN »
- Director of College Facilities »
Data Center Fire Prevention - FirePass - Facility Management Product Release
Fire Prevention and Suppression System creates an atmosphere inside a computer room in which nothing can ignite or burn but which is safe for people, according to the company. The system produces hypoxic (oxygen-depleted) air from ambient air. This environment is not an alternative to fire-suppression systems, but a complementary option to prevent ignition. There is no need to remove an existing sprinkler system. This environment corresponds in partial pressure of oxygen to the altitude of 9,000 feet.
The system can be applied as a single computer-rack enclosure or as an enclosure built around multiple computer racks. In addition, a room or entire building can be converted into hypoxic environment.
- Photoluminescent Egress Lighting: How It Works And Why
- The Importance of Firestop Training
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of a Fire Alarm System
- How to Plan for Fire Alarm System Replacement
- Does Your Fire Alarm System Need an Upgrade or Replacement?
- Abandoned Cabling Increases Fire Risk
- Active Shooter Standard Fast-Tracked by NFPA
- Active Shooter Standard in Development at NFPA