The Skills Guide for Facility Managers details 10 must-have traits for those new to the industry
This peer-to-peer networking session will cover best practices for working with young facility professionals
October 26, 2015 - Building Automation
Question: What are the benefits of the building IoT technology for building occupants?
Answer: “This LED fixture provides full control of the lighting environment which is a true benefit to human centric lighting. The true benefit that a business owner may see is a 3-6 percent increase in productivity simply based on good lighting.”
Question: What advantages does building IoT technology provide for facility professionals?
Answer: LED lighting does not have the maintenance issues associated with incandescent bulbs, fluorescent ballasts and tubes.
• The lifespan of LED lighting fixture warranties are five years standard and in some cases LED lifespan can exceed 20 years.
• Lowered lighting utility cost of up to 60-70 percent
• Lowered maintenance costs
• In most cases less lights are needed based on the light efficiency of LED
• Average expected ROI on purchase is 2-2½ years
Source: Jeff Rhodes, Vice President of Marketing, Solas Ray Lighting.
For more insights on the products, technology, benefits and challenges of the Building Internet of Things, visit www.FacilitiesNet.com/IoT