4 FM quick reads on Drain cleaning
1. How to Find Proper Drain-Cleaning Equipment
To make sure drain-cleaning equipment can handle the most demanding plumbing maintenance tasks in a facility, include answers to these questions in specifications:
- What is the range of pipe inside diameters to be cleaned?
- What power source is required? Electric? Pneumatic? Manual?
- What kinds of fittings are required? Screw-type? Root cutter? Short radius for sharp turns?
- What length cable? 25 feet? 50 feet? Longer?
- Are the proper type backflow preventers specified to protect the potable water supply when using flushing hoses?
Higher flow rates result in faster cleaning of loosened material.
QUICK Sign-up - Membership Includes:New Content and Magazine Article Updates
Educational Webcast Alerts
Building Products/Technology Notices
Complete Library of Reports, Webcasts, Salary and Exclusive Member Content
click here for more member info.
Press Release Archives
Our Content On Your Site
FM Online Tools
- Content Directory
- Site Map
Other Online Resources