- Executive Manager of Operational Support »
- BAS DATA INTEGRATION ENGINEER I - »
- Ca. Dept. Of Public Health- Chief Engineer II »
- Associate Director, Facilities »
- Director of Facility Management Operations HQ »
High reflectance ceilings maximize daylighting and reduce energy costs
November 5, 2007 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
To make efficient use of available daylighting, choose a ceiling panel with a high light reflectance rating. If a ceiling can reflect most daylight back into a space, the amount of artificial lighting can be decreased, saving you money. LR-1 rated panels reflect the most daylight back into a space — 75 percent or more. LR-2 and LR-3 rated panels do not reflect as much light and may not be suited for spaces where daylight maximization is a goal.