Facilities Salaries and Compensation
Salary benchmarks for 34 facilities management job titles.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Property Director – Harlem YMCA - Facilities Management Job Post
Apply at: email@example.com
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Harlem YMCA is seeking an experienced professional who will provide leadership to the overall operation of the mechanical, housekeeping and life/ safety systems of the YMCA, including preventative and routine maintenance, fire safety, security and pool operating systems. The incumbent will ensure that the building has the required operating certifications and recordkeeping, as required by codes.
• Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct assigned staff. Review and evaluate performances, and develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
• Ensure that all mechanical infrastructure systems, electric, ventilation, HVAC and pool operation is well maintained.
• Complete repair work and projects in a timely manner. Oversee all contractors that work in the facility and grounds. May be requested to review bids, and recommend selection of contractors.
• Work with outside agencies such as Fire Department of New York (FDNY), Department of Health (DOH), Department of Buildings (DOB) and Housing Preservation and Development (HPD), to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds. Maintain all required logs and record books.
• Develop budgets supporting the preventative and annual maintenance plans, and monitor expenditures against budget.
• Update facility plan periodically. May develop annual plan of capital projects, consistent with the YMCA of Greater New York’s strategic plan and community needs, capital improvements and deferred maintenance projects.
• Advise management on maintenance issues and projects as requested. Work with branch and Association Office staff to provide the most efficient systems of all building and mechanical operations.
• Maintain positive relationships with members, staff and vendors. Show members, colleagues and outside vendors respect by listening carefully and showing empathy when dealing with a difficult situation.
• Ensure guest rooms are clean and in good order for guests.
• High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in Facility Management or related field preferred.
• Minimum of five years of experience in building operation and supervision of maintenance staff; Seven to Ten years of experience, including supervision of building operation and maintenance staff, preferred.
• Experience in resident and hotel operations.
• Fire Safety Director Certification required.
• Sprinkler, standpipe, fire drill conductor and hazmat certifications are strongly desired.
• NYC Pool Operator license desired. In addition, must obtain YMCA Pool certification within the first 30 days of employment.
• Knowledge of HVAC, steam, boiler, electrical and mechanical systems, and experience supervising a 24/7 building staff.
• Knowledge of Electrical (NYC codes), Plumbing (NYC codes), Fire Protection System (NYC codes), Building Construction and Management, Energy Conservation, Steam, and Burner & Boiler, Project Management, Bidding, project proposals and preventative maintenance programs.
• Knowledge of budget management, volunteer development, building security HPD, FDNY, DOB and DEP codes and regulations preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be available to respond to emergency calls during off-hours, including evenings and weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promote participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Property Director – Harlem Y” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Attn.: Latoya Jackson
180 West 135th Street
New York, NY 10030
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities email@example.com