- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
- Campus Operations Manager »
- Building Technician »
- HVAC Leadperson - 999921 »
- Groundskeeper »
Groundskeeper - Facilities Management Job Post
Type: full time
Role: Maintenance and Cleaning
Apply at: http://www.chatham.edu/careers
Chatham University has an immediate opening for a Groundskeeper at our Eden Hall Campus in the University’s Facilities department.
The Eden Hall Groundskeeper (“Groundskeeper”) is responsible for carrying out landscaping plans and procedures for Eden Hall Campus, including mowing, weeding, planting and other related activities.
The Groundskeeper will engage with Eden Hall stakeholders and governance processes to develop landscaping plans and procedures, supervise temporary and/or seasonal workers, and support other general maintenance tasks as needed to support the operation of Eden Hall Campus.
This newly vacant position will add to Chatham’s mission “to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work…by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably.” Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community. Learn more at: www.chatham.edu .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carrying out landscaping plans and functions for Eden Hall Campus, including mowing, weeding, planting, shrub & small tree removal, and other related activities, as well as the care and maintenance of related equipment.
• Working with Eden Hall Campus stakeholders, including faculty experts, and governance processes to support the development of plans and procedures for mowing, weeding and other sustainable landscaping activities.
• Carry out general facilities maintenance-related tasks with a focus on outside spaces and activities as well as supporting general maintenance, including carpentry, masonry, plumbing, mechanical, painting, plastering and general labor as assigned by the Facilities Manager to support the operation of Eden Hall Campus.
• Assist with additional duties as required to meet facilities needs including assisting with snow removal, housekeeping, pick up & deliveries, and special events as needed.
• Experience with large-scale commercial or residential landscaping activities, including the operation and maintenance of key equipment, including mowing, weeding, planting.
• Experience or enthusiastic ability to learn on the job regarding sustainable landscaping practices, including planting with native species and avoiding or minimizing pesticide use.
• Experience or ability to take instruction in other general trades including carpentry, masonry, plumbing, mechanical, painting and general labor in order to assist with these other maintenance tasks as needed.
• Must be analytical, an independent thinker and highly motivated.
• Must be able to follow directives, complete tasks, while working both as an individual and as a team member -- including working with faculty, students, and other staff outside of the facilities team -- in the dynamic and collaborative environment of a small university campus.
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a “Best College” by U.S. News & World Report, and—as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of ’29)—is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA—one of the country’s most livable cities and great college towns—Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world’s most sustainable campuses.
For a complete job description and to apply visit:
Follow the instructions to complete the application process.
To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, professional resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Apply at: http://www.chatham.edu/careers