Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
FACILITIES MANAGER - Facilities Management Job Post
Type: full time
Apply at: email@example.com
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronxWorks is hiring (1) Facilities Manager for the CMCC.
• Manages all facilities and operations needs for the 42,000 sq. ft. Carolyn McLaughlin Community Center (“CMCC”), a landmarked building constructed in 1927 which houses social services offices, an early childhood learning center, a swimming pool, a commercial kitchen, food pantry, elevator, and a gym and locker room
• Manages all facilities and operations needs at the Administrative Office at 60 East Tremont Avenue and multiple other BronxWorks facilities
• Recruits, interviews, hires and supervises all maintenance/janitorial staff at the above locations as well as the reception staff at CMCC and one part-time administrative assistant
• Ensures all facilities, including offices, grounds, kitchen, pool, childcare center, etc., are in compliance with all building, security, fire and safety, commercial food preparation, and other applicable regulations, and that all building maintenance is performed in a manner consistent with OSHA regulations and standards
• Provides constant attention to all life safety issues, ensuring that building emergency plans are developed, maintained, effectively communicated, and tested at all facilities, and that all emergency systems (fire alarms, sprinklers, emergency exits, security cameras) are operational through in-house inspections and vendor maintenance contracts
• Regularly audits all facilities for safety and security issues, and develops and implements corrective action plans, timely addressing any and all concerns
• Oversees all aspects of building maintenance, facilities compliance, repairs and renovations, including by developing RFPs, researching vendors/soliciting bids, selecting, contracting with and overseeing all vendors and contractors
• A minimum of three years’ experience in a managerial role overseeing facilities and operations needs and personnel at multiple locations is required
• In addition, either a bachelor’s degree or, if no degree, then at least five years’ experience in multi-site facilities management is required
• A valid driver’s license from the state of residence with less than three (3) violation points in the last three (3) years is required
• Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems, machinery operations, etc.
• Solid understanding of how to perform tasks with chemicals/cleaning products, tools, ladders, and lifts in a safe and effective manner.
• Demonstrated familiarity with and understanding of OSHA regulations and standards, building codes, fire and safety, commercial food preparation, and other applicable regulations
• Either has or is prepared to obtain the following certificates within thirty (30) days of hire:
S95 Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems;
S14 City Wide Standpipe Systems
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave and a pension plan that is 100% employer paid.
We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org