- Building Maintenance Mechanic I »
- Facilities Property Coordinator »
- General Manager, Facilities Management »
- Building Automation Systems Manager »
- Custodial Assistant »
Custodial Assistant - Facilities Management Job Post
Type: full time
Role: Maintenance and Cleaning
Apply at: http://cuny.jobs
Job Title: Custodial Assistant
Job ID: 22346
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Under supervision, performs work of ordinary difficulty in cleaning public buildings and their immediate grounds; performs related light labor.
There is no Assignment Level for this position. All personnel perform related work. This specification describes typical assignments; related duties may be assigned as needed.
• Sweeps, damp mops, and wet mops office floors, toilets, corridors, lobbies, and other assigned floor areas.
• Cleans washbasins and other toilet room facilities.
• Washes walls by hand with a brush or by using an electric machine.
• Scrubs floors with an electric machine; waxes and polishes floors.
• Hand scrubs stairs and stair landings.
• Empties waste basket and disposes of refuse.
• Vacuums and cleans rugs, carpets, and upholstered furniture.
• Dusts and removes and cleans window coverings such as blinds.
• Performs shoulder high dusting of walls.
• Dusts and polishes furniture and metal work.
• Cleans mirrors and glass in bookcase, doors, and restrooms.
• Washes electric light fixtures.
• Replenishes bathroom supplies in toilets.
• Sweeps sidewalks and removes snow from sidewalks; washes sidewalks and lower portion of buildings with brush and hose.
• Replaces bulbs and fuses.
• Attends a low pressure heating plant.
• May occasionally operate an elevator, move furniture, or act as watch person.
• Reports broken equipment.
• Observes safety and environmental health precautions as directed.
• Puts up safety warnings and/or stanchions for wet floors or other areas for limited access during cleaning.
• Sorts refuse for recycling.
• Cleans small kitchens and/or coffee service areas.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which offers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked in the top 2% in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2021 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
The Office of Campus Operations supports the mission of the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) by providing a physical environment that is clean, safe and conducive to student learning and faculty teaching. The Office of Campus Operations responsibilities include maintenance, repair, space enhancements and renovations. Campus Operations provides services in day to day operations of facilities management, property management, space reservations, and mail services.
Reporting to the Administrative Superintendent the Custodial Assistant will:
• Clean, sanitize and polish water fountains and dispensers on campus.
• Clean, polish and vacuum elevators using specified cleaning equipment.
• Routinely sanitize cleaning equipment: mops, microfiber rags, dusters, custodial cart, etc.
• Clean and sanitize the pantry including microwaves and refrigerators.
• Unclog and clean drains in utility closets and restrooms, as well as clean urinals, toilets and sinks.
• Use the specified color coded microfiber rag cleaning system while cleaning.
• During inclement weather, lift, transfer, and place umbrella bag stand in lobby.
• Communicate via 2-way radio system with The Office of Campus Operations.
• Stoop and kneel to remove gum or adhesive from the floor including carpets and vinyl flooring.
• Perform scheduled cleanings of classrooms and conference rooms on campus.
• Spot clean carpets on campus using scrub brush and wet/dry vacuum when directed.
• Clean glass doors on campus in lobby, conference rooms, and office suites.
• Perform other related custodial duties as required by The Office of Campus Operations.
There are no formal education or experience requirements.
There are certain medical and physical requirements as established by University management.
The preferred candidate will have:
• One year of work experience performing tasks as described in the General Duties section.
• Availability to work evening and weekend hours.
New Hire: $32,585
Incumbent Minimum: $35,811
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select ``Apply Now``, create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using Job ID# 22346 or Title.
May 13, 2021
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Apply at: http://cuny.jobs