- Space Management Specialist »
- Mechanic, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
- Building Technician »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
Building Technician - Facilities Management Job Post
Type: full time
Apply at: http://www.chatham.edu/careers
Chatham University has an immediate opening for a Building Technician at our Eden Hall Campus in the University’s Facilities department.
The Building Technician (“Technician”) is a maintenance specialist who supports the Eden Hall Facilities Director regarding the operations of heating-cooling and energy systems at Eden Hall. In addition, the Technician supports general maintenance-related tasks at Eden Hall Campus, with a focus on building maintenance, under the direction of the Eden Hall Facilities Manager
This newly vacant position will add to Chatham’s mission “to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work…by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably.” Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community. Learn more at: www.chatham.edu .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Eden Hall Facilities Director in the operations of heating-cooling and energy systems at Eden Hall, including tracking the performance of systems and making necessary repairs under the supervision of the Facilities Director and outside expert contractors employed by the University. Periodically the Technician will need to review after-hours building system operations remotely from home.
• Carry out general maintenance-related tasks with a focus on buildings, including carpentry, masonry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, painting, plastering and general labor as assigned by the Facilities Manager to support the operation of Eden Hall Campus.
• Assist with additional duties as required to meet facilities needs including snow removal, events set-up, landscaping, housekeeping, and deliveries and pick up.
• Participate, in a rotating schedule, in on-call coverage for after-hour incidents and emergencies.
• Secure or maintain professional certifications and/or licensing related to energy, heating & cooling systems. Chatham will work with the Technician to explore and support necessary continuing education.
• Experience with operation, repair and maintenance of heating, cooling and energy systems for commercial or residential buildings.
• Experience or ability to learn on the job regarding advanced energy and building automation systems.
• Experience in some general building trades and ability to take instruction in others including carpentry, masonry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, painting, plastering and general labor.
• Basic computer skills including emailing, word processing, texting; ability to conduct basic on-line research as necessary.
• Ability to learn and take instruction in more advance computer-based building automation and monitoring systems.
• Must be analytical, an independent thinker and highly motivated.
• Must be able to follow directives, complete tasks, while working both as an individual and as a team member -- including working with faculty, students, and other staff outside of the facilities team -- in the dynamic and collaborative environment of a small university campus.
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a “Best College” by U.S. News & World Report, and—as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of ’29)—is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA—one of the country’s most livable cities and great college towns—Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world’s most sustainable campuses.
For a complete job description and to apply visit:
Follow the instructions to complete the application process.
To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, professional resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Apply at: http://www.chatham.edu/careers