Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Associate Director of Health System Physical - Facilities Management Job Post
Type: full time
Apply at: http://www.Click2Apply.net/c9y8jh53ccxk4sv5
Associate Director of Health System Physical Plant
The University of Virginia (UVA) is seeking an Associate Director of Health System Physical Plant. Reporting to the Director of Health System Physical Plant, this individual will provide leadership and direction for approximately 130 professionals and skilled trades staff that operate and maintain facilities for the UVA Health System. Facilities support is provided 24/7 to a facilities portfolio of over four million square feet of patient care, research and academic space.
The UVA Health System facilities include a hospital, level I trauma center, nationally recognized cancer and heart centers and primary and specialty clinics throughout Central Virginia. The UVA School of Medicine is part of the University Health System, and is a national leader in medical education and research. The primary offices supported are the Medical Center`s Chief of Environment of Care, and the School of Medicine`s Office of Capital and Facilities Planning.
The Department is responsible for operating within developed and approved budgets, scopes and schedules as needed to meet University objectives. Departmental expenditures are close to $50 million.
The successful candidate will be a recognized leader who is highly proficient in developing strategies, setting goals, allocating resources and providing innovative solutions to complex issues. They will possess strong leadership characteristics specifically related to communication, and developing strong cohesive and effective teams.
• Directs a major component of Facilities Management at the UVA. All duties are performed independently under the supervision of the Director.
• Supervise a professional staff and skilled trades; providing outstanding facilities management support within approved budgets.
• Exercise financial management responsibility for assigned budgets.
• Build upon and reinforce the Facilities Management culture of continuous improvement.
• Continue to build partnerships across the UVA community and beyond.
• Consistently strive to insure a safe work environment through education, assessment and the demonstrated observance of sound safety practices.
The successful candidate possesses a demonstrated record of creative, inspiring, and accomplished leadership in complex environments with the highest level of commitment to advancing the organization`s goals.
• A Bachelor`s Degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university is required. Master`s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
• Extensive (7+ years) senior management experience with large, complex academic health care center (or equivalent) operations involving Joint Commission, life safety, ADA, and regulatory requirements is required.
• A Registered engineer in the Commonwealth of Virginia or ability to obtain registration within six months of employment is desirable.
• Certification as a Certified Healthcare Facility Manager is desirable.
• Knowledge and experience in a variety of facilities management competency areas, including facilities planning, design, procurement, construction, operations and maintenance is preferred.
• Extensive experience in managing large, complex facilities with intradepartmental and interdepartmental cooperation and support is required.
• Demonstrated leadership experience of a large team with the ability to motivate and inspire others required.
• Exceptional writing, communication, interpersonal and organization skills required.
UVA Facilities Management
Facilities Management supports the University of Virginia`s wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of UVA`s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties. Facilities Management is comprised of four core areas of expertise: Facilities Planning & Construction, Health System Physical Plant, Operations, and Project Services (https://www.fm.virginia.edu/depts/fpc/index.html, https://www.fm.virginia.edu/depts/healthsystem/index.html, https://www.fm.virginia.edu/depts/operations/index.html, https://www.fm.virginia.edu/depts/projectservices/index.html). Four management services departments help oversee the internal operations of Facilities Management: Finance, Programs & Informatics, Safety, and Technology & Innovation (https://www.fm.virginia.edu/depts/finance.html, https://www.fm.virginia.edu/depts/informatics.html, https://www.fm.virginia.edu/depts/ohs/index.html, https://www.fm.virginia.edu/depts/technology.html).
About the University
The University of Virginia (https://www.virginia.edu/aboutuva) was founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819 to advance human knowledge, educate leaders and cultivate an informed citizenry. Today, News & World Report consistently ranks UVA in the top three public universities. In the 28 years since U.S. News began ranking public universities as a separate category, UVA has always ranked among the top three. The University of Virginia continues to place among the top 30 of the nation`s public and private universities combined.
We are a thriving and diverse global community of nearly 54,000 students, faculty and staff. University students hail from virtually every state in the nation, and 111 countries, and our 220,000 alumni around the world actively support our mission to serve the greater good.
To learn more about UVA, download this PDF, https://executivesearch.virginia.edu/sites/executivesearch.virginia.edu/files/About%20UVA.pdf or visit http://www.virginia.edu/ .
To Apply or Nominate:
To learn more about this opportunity, please visit: https://executivesearch.virginia.edu/search/associate-director-health-system-physical-plant.
Applications should include a resume and letter of interest. The search will be carried out with full confidentiality; candidates will be notified before references are contacted.
To be officially considered for this position, all applicants must apply through the UVA Workday portal at: https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs/job/Charlottesville-VA/Associate-Director-of-Health-System-Physical-Plant_R0007577.
For confidential inquiries or to nominate someone for this opportunity, please contact please contact Tegan Wild at email@example.com.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/c9y8jh53ccxk4sv5