New Content Updates
Educational Webcast Alerts
Building Products/Technology Notices
Access Exclusive Member Content
[ Purchase job posting ]
Apply at: http://www.Click2apply.net/s3mk3cq87qd4bspd
Operations Control Center Manager - Operations Division-18001044
Operations Control Center Manager - Operations Division-18001044
Cover letter with application/resume is preferred.
The Operations Division serves the four Tufts University campuses: the main Medford/Somerville campus, the Boston Health & Sciences campus, the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts and the Grafton veterinary campus together encompassing 170 buildings and 5.1million gross square feet. A broad range of services are provided to support the university campuses including: facilities services, capital program management, campus planning and renewal, grounds and custodial services, campus engineering and energy management, event services, residential facilities maintenance and public and environmental health and safety. Together, these functions within the operations division are responsible for the efficient, cost effective and safe operations of our campus as well as the maintenance and management of our university assets to support our research and educational mission, vision and values. This position is considered essential as defined in the Tufts University employee handbook.
The Operations Control Center is the hub of daily activity for maintenance and support services involving our campus facilities, grounds and supporting services. The OCC Manager is a key player in leveraging the resources and data that originate and flow through the Center in order to orchestrate maintenance and planning activities responsive to our Division strategic priorities.
The Operations Control Center Manager oversees the operation of the Operations Control Center; the hub of all incoming work requests and emergencies to the University`s Operations Division. The Center`s primary role is to ensure that all service requests are responded to with the appropriate level of urgency, efficiency and accuracy and that customers receive clear and timely feedback regarding service expectations and timelines. The OCC Manager will also oversee the creation, maintenance, and issuance of Facilities Services approved job safety plans, building alarm monitoring / response protocols and emergency response protocols in the CMMS system The OCC Manager works at peer with Facilities Management in determining work priorities, understanding building, zone, and occupant needs and ensuring that preventative maintenance plans and specifications are compiled for all material building systems in accordance with university and engineering standards.
The Operations Control Center Manager is responsible for ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and completeness of facilities repair and maintenance work order data. S/he collaborates with operations staff to validate requirements, set priorities, adapt schedules and align resources. The Operations Control Center Manager helps balance demand work with priorities for scheduled maintenance, critical facilities, operating systems and capital and maintenance projects. The Operations Control Manager leads the weekly scheduling meetings and coordinates craft person assignments with the appropriate Facilities Managers. S/he maintains accurate metrics on performance of the planning and scheduling functions and provides reports as required.
The OCC Manager oversees a team of Operations Control Center employees across all four campuses. S/he is responsible for the development of processes and protocols that utilize state of the art methods and best practices. In partnership with Operations Division departments, the Center and its Team takes pride in providing quality service to students, faculty, staff and visitors across the Tufts University community.
The OCC Manager will be data oriented and committed to capturing, maintaining, and using data in support of the Division`s Asset Management Program.
The OCC Manager will work closely with the business process, engineering and capital programs departments to ensure that standards around building and process automation, calibration, optimization and safety are articulated in our Maximo CMMS system to guide the efficient and effective execution of work in the field.
As Tufts University invests in new and existing infrastructure, the incumbent will play a key role in feeding the work planning and scheduling program to begin moving the Operations from a Customer Service model based on a reactive management strategy to planning and anticipating issues. In order to avoid the option to defer maintenance, this position will ensure the building and process controls systems are safe, functional, and reliable. Experience with creating work orders, building preventative maintenance requirements, and planning/scheduling work within Maximo and/or other Computerized Maintenance Management Systems will be necessary.
• Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor`s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Facilities Management, or a related field.
• 5+ years of experience in facilities maintenance, that includes supervising workers in at least one of the construction trades.
• The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while consistently demonstrating a professional and courteous demeanor; skilled in maintaining a positive relationship with customers.
• Leadership skills; the ability to lead others toward a sustained high level of customer service and ensures quality service delivery
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Substantive experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
• Working knowledge of building and safety code requirements; building, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC maintenance, repair, and construction methods.
• Working knowledge of estimating practices and current labor and material costs.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD; Uniform Building Code; BOMA Standards; ADA Regulation.
• Ability to analyze, interpret, and report findings and recommendations; read and interpret plans and specifications; prepare sketches of proposed work; plan, organize, allocate, coordinate, supervise, and appraise work quality.
• Ability to prepare bids, technical specifications, and contract/service agreements.
• Experience with managing service providers and service contracts.
• General understanding of troubleshooting Instrumentation and Control Systems.
• Knowledge of Computers and various operating systems and software. Working network configuration capabilities.
• It is a baseline tenet for all employees within the Operations Division to Support, engage and enliven discussion, solutions and behaviors that promote university investment in environmentally sustainable yet economically defensible models that balance our stature as a prominent environmental steward with our need to deliver preeminent, cost effective education.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing Maximo CMMS system to manage, report and streamline operations-based activities in a complex campus environment.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Required to be on site during emergency situations related to weather and/or man made such as power outages and scheduled utility shut downs.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Office of VP Operations
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jan 25, 2018, 4:46:13 PM
Basic Requirements: Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor````s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Facilities Management, or a related field. 5+
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/s3mk3cq87qd4bspd