- FACILITIES PROJECT COORDINATOR »
- Corporate Leader- Planning, Design and Con. »
- Building Services Supervisor (Evening shift) »
- Director of Building Operations »
- Town of Littleton Facilities Manager »
Mold Causes Seattle Children’s to Close All Main Operating Rooms
Seattle Children’s hospital has closed all 14 of its main operating rooms as it continues to work on removing the mold that was detected in its facilities in May, according to an article on The Seattle Times website.
The hospital found traces of Aspergillus mold in several operating and equipment storage rooms May 18.
Seattle Children’s initially shut down only four of the rooms but has since closed off the others. The hospital has contacted all patients who might have been exposed to the mold.
When outside industrial hygienists assessed the air quality last month, they found deficiencies in (its) air handlers.