Philip Hacker is supervisor of buildings and grounds with the Kettering (Ohio) City School District. The district received a 2016 Facility Maintenance Decisions Achievement Award for its upgrades to lighting and electrical distribution system in its facilities that resulted in lower energy use and increased savings.
Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds
Kettering (Ohio) City School District
1. What factors within your organization prompted you to pursue energy-efficiency upgrades for your facilities in 2013?
2. What role did you and your department play in planning and performing these upgrades?
3. Did the upgrades deliver the intended benefits?
4. What additional energy-efficiency upgrades have you undertaken in your facilities since those efforts?
5. What are the next steps for further increasing energy efficiency and cutting utility costs for the district?
For archived podcasts, please visit: https://www.facilitiesnet.com/site/audiovideo.aspx.
energy efficiency, lighting, upgrades