All fields are required.
<< Energy Efficiency
MILWAUKEE -- Telkonet, Inc. has released EcoCentral Virtual EngineerTM, a cloud-based energy management command center that brings new tools for building managers to aggressively save energy.
"Energy management demands have skyrocketed across all markets,” stated Jason Tienor, Telkonet's CEO. “And we have the latest generation of technology in our EcoCentral Virtual Engineer. When integrated with our EcoSmartTM Suite of wireless networked energy management products, the EcoCentral Virtual Engineer provides a robust, cloud-based building control platform with 24/7 remote monitoring services that maximizes a building's energy efficiency and cost savings while reducing dependency on physical staff."
EcoCentral Virtual Engineer (VE) communicates with Telkonet’s EcoSmart intelligent wireless thermostats, occupancy sensors, door and window contacts, outlets and light switches. It forms a robust, secure wireless mesh network that communicates information between rooms, floors, and buildings; enabling facility staff to:
· Control Buildings, Zones, Rooms, or Individual Devices from the Cloud in Real Time – there is no longer a need for on-site PCs running facility management software. Virtual Engineer on-screen thermostats, light switches and outlets simplify control and allow room-by-room HVAC settings to be made from any web browser.
· Visualize Facility Data Points with "Floor Planner" - view energy savings by floor and by side of building; identify room-by-room variance from average cooling and heating runtimes to determine which rooms do not function as well as others.
· Facilitate Intelligent Load-Shed Actions – VE creates profiles that dictate how thermostats, outlets, and lights will respond to a Demand-Response request. Scheduled "events" will switch devices to Demand-Response profiles at the appropriate time.
· Enable Logical Profile Shifting – you can specify the number of units to run concurrently, and EcoCentral Virtual Engineer will keep loads at a constant level. Alternatively, specify the necessary kWh reduction and let EcoCentral determine how to best set back thermostats.
· Evaluate Equipment Performance – VE monitors performance of each room’s HVAC equipment; identifying which component may malfunction and allowing engineering staff to respond proactively and ensure continuity of comfort. It also enables facility managers to monitor HVAC equipment in real time and replace batteries and filters for optimal performance.
· Monitor Total Energy Savings – VE tracks room-by-room energy savings and stores detailed data about a building’s HVAC, lighting, plug load devices and energy usage patterns to calculate actual energy savings. This information can be used to qualify for "green" certification, secure rebates from a local utility, or prove a facility has achieved sustainability standards.
"EcoSmart in-room energy management components monitor energy usage, HVAC runtime metrics, current flow, and more," says Telkonet CTO Jeff Sobieski. "Applying our sophisticated technology in each controlled room provides EcoCentral Virtual Engineer with the raw data necessary to create usable, actionable reports for facility staff."
"Our EcoCentral Virtual Engineer has the power to be the most capable engineer on any facility staff," Sobieski said. "At the apogee of innovation, this platform stands head and shoulders above any offering from industry competitors."
EcoSmart integrates seamlessly with numerous 3rd party technology providers to control everything from temperature and lighting to drapes and media centers. Telkonet also offers EcoCare Service & Support platform. With 24/7/365 proactive monitoring, EcoCare staff can ensure that a building consistently runs at peak efficiency. Potential issues can be investigated either remotely or on-site and be resolved while maintaining uninterrupted occupant comfort.
Telkonet, Inc. (OTCQB: TKOI) is a U.S.-based energy management manufacturer whose business divisions include EcoSmart, an intelligent energy management technology solution and EthoStream, one of the largest high-speed Internet access providers in the world. Telkonet offers green technology hardware, software and services to worldwide markets. The EcoSmart suite of products cuts utility costs, enables remote monitoring and control and minimizes carbon footprints. For more information, visit www.telkonet.com. For news updates as they happen, follow @Telkonet on Twitter.