5/6/2014<< Back to Facilities Management Press Releases Home
Schneider Electric Unveils Square D I-Line Combo Panelboard Featuring a Space-Saving Design to Meet Power Needs
PALATINE, Ill. – Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, is announcing the release of their Square D I-Line™ Combo Panelboard, designed to save time and space by combining an I-Line power distribution section and NQ or NF lighting sections into one panelboard. The product’s simple, innovative design enables fast installation, reduced labor expenses and material costs, and a smaller footprint.
With over 100 years of experience and following the company’s recent announcement around their investment and commitment to product innovation, Schneider Electric continues to expand their market leading portfolio of power distribution solutions. The new I-Line Combo Panelboard product provides an innovative, space-saving, and customizable solution to address customer pain points, helping them to improve performance, reduce costs, and save space within facilities.
Key features and functionalities of the I-Line Combo Panelboard include:
· Ease of Installation and Compatibility – The I-Line Combo Panelboard is built to the same UL® Listed 67 standard as other Square D panelboards and provides a simple, quick installation due to the minimal amount of materials needed and the benefit of only having to install one panelboard
· Reduced Footprint - By combining a power panel with up to two lighting sections in one enclosure, the I-Line Combo Panelboard saves significant space in a facility, over traditional configurations
· Simple to Retrofit - The I-Line Combo Panelboard enclosures fit into the same footprint on sites where an existing Classic I-Line power panelboard resides, providing easy upgrades of electrical equipment
· Flexible Circuit Breaker Configuration - Due to the I-Line Combo Panelboard’s ability to house I-Line molded case circuit breakers as well as cost effective miniature circuit breakers, it provides not only a more economical solution but an adaptable solution tailored to meet each customer’s space and power needs.
· Customizable – The Single I-Line Combo Panelboard is available in 26 and 32 inch widths. The Duplex I-Line Combo Panelboard is available in 32 and 44 inch widths, with two hard-bussed sections or one hard-bussed section and mounting space for field-installable options. The I-Line power section mounts horizontally, and is available in 18, 22.5, or 31.5 inch mounting space configurations
This new solution builds on Schneider Electric’s industry leading Classic I-Line Panelboard solution offering the same quality and familiar layout to ensure no time is lost during installation. The new product also offers the same I-Line breaker connections for fast and safe installation. Customers will find the new Panelboard is a space-saving solution for retail spaces, offices, and commercial buildings who are looking to maximize space within their facilities.
The I-Line Combo Panelboard will be featured in Schneider Electric’s booth during NECA 2013 (Booth #416). The solution will be available for Building Information Modeling (BIM), offering a simple, easy-to-use tool for new building construction designs.
· For more information I-Line Combo Panelboard: http://www.schneider-electric.com/products/us/en/52100-panelboards/52120-power-distribution-circuit-breaker-type/62135-i-line-combo-panelboard/
· To see the I-Line Combo Panelboard Brochure: http://static.schneider-electric.us/docs/Electrical%20Distribution/Panelboards/I-Line%20Circuit%20Breaker%20Power%20Distribution%20Panelboard/998-1210276_US_I-Line%20brochure%200719_HiResNB-Spread.pdf
· For more information on 3D Animation Models of the I-Line Combo Panelboard Solution: http://www.schneider-electric.us/sites/us/en/customers/consulting-engineer/kaon-3d-models.page
· Follow Schneider Electric on Twitter @SchneiderElectricNA
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructure, Industries & Machines Manufacturers, Non-residential Building, Data Centers & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the company's 140,000 plus employees achieved sales of 30.8 billion US dollars (24 billion euros) in 2012, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.