6/16/2014<< Back to Facilities Management Press Releases Home
Schneider Electric Unveils Powerbus 400 A Busway to Power Energy Efficient Data Centers
PALATINE, Ill. – Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, is announcing the release of their Powerbus™ Busway, with new 400 A and 600 V ratings designed to provide scalable, flexible, and energy-efficient power in data centers. The solution connects the company’s strength in service entrance distribution equipment and in the IT physical infrastructure, rounding out a complete data center power distribution offering.
With over 100 years of experience and following the company’s announcement around their investment and commitment to product innovation, Schneider Electric continues to expand their market leading portfolio of power distribution solutions. Today data centers require better energy efficiency while scalable power demands must be matched with flexibility to move, add and change configurations. The new Powerbus 400 A busway replaces traditional centralized cable distribution runs with a more flexible method of power distribution above the equipment, which enables energy monitoring, reduced energy losses, and improved flexibility for equipment moves, adds and changes in the facility – all with zero footprint.
Key features and functionalities of the Powerbus 400 A busway include:
· Improved Power Availability – The new 400 A rated busway offers an expanded line of 225 A plug-in busways with new 600 V maximum ratings.
· Increased Scalability and Flexibility – The Powerbus 400 A busway offers the highest plug-in unit density on the market, with up to 20 openings every 10 feet. Adding new critical branch circuits is easy with tool-less plug-in unit installation. The new 240 V and 480 V tap-off boxes can accommodate up to three circuit drops per plug-in unit and rugged rack-mounting kits ease installation by directly mounting the busway to APC™ brand racks.
· Energy Efficient – The incoming Power Feed Units offer isolated metering compartments, improved cable entry and new metering voltage options. The Plug-In Units offer Powerlogic™ power metering options to simplify monitoring of energy usage at row level and the rack and branch circuit levels
· Safety – Plug-In Units offer optional carrying handles aid balance, giving electricians and data center facility technicians more stability when climbing a ladder to install units. All Powerbus busways are listed to UL®857, for Safety for Busways.
Schneider Electric’s new Powerbus 400 A busway solution delivers scalable, flexible and energy efficient power in data centers. The family of Schneider Electric busways economically distributes power from medium voltage building service entrances to low voltage power distribution for IT infrastructure.
· For more information Powerbus 400 A Busway: http://www.schneider-electric.com/products/us/en/50200-busway/50210-low-voltage-and-medium-voltage-busway/7551-powerbus-busway/
· To see an informational video on the Powerbus 400 A Busway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUv-Iu3JYzo
· Follow Schneider Electric on Twitter @SchneiderElectricNA
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructure, Industries & Machines Manufacturers, Non-residential Building, Data Centers & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the company's 140,000 plus employees achieved sales of 30.8 billion US dollars (24 billion euros) in 2012, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.