5/15/2014<< Back to Facilities Management Press Releases Home
Schneider Electric Introduces PowerPact Photovoltaic Circuit Breakers and Disconnect Switches
Schneider Electric’s new PowerPact Photovoltaic Circuit Breakers and Disconnect Switches extends the company’s industry leading line of circuit protection solutions to the PV world
PALATINE, Ill. – Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, is announcing the release of their PowerPact™ Photovoltaic Circuit Breakers and Disconnect Switches. Designed for commercial and utility photovoltaic (PV) systems, Schneider Electric’s PowerPact PV Circuit Breakers and Disconnect Switches are an easy-to-install, scalable solution featuring advanced protection, precision, and reliability for 600 to 1,000 volt (V) solar applications.
With over 100 years of experience and following the company’s announcement around their investment and commitment to product innovation, Schneider Electric continues to be a leader in circuit protection solutions. This full line of PV Molded Case Circuit Breakers and Disconnect Switches extends Schneider Electric’s PowerPact product family and brings the company’s industry leading expertise in circuit breaker protection to the PV world.
Key features of the PowerPact Photovoltaic Circuit Breakers and Disconnect Switches include:
· Compatible Design and Flexibility: Designed for 600 V to 1,000 V solar applications, the solution is engineered and tested to UL 489B to ensure circuit protection that meets the specific requirements of PV systems. The solution is designed for grounded and ungrounded systems, and is 100% rated at 50 degrees Celsius. The products operate at temperatures ranging from -25 to 70 degrees Celsius.
· Ease of Installation: The PV Circuit Breakers and Disconnect Switches feature a compact design and come equipped with factory-installed terminal covers and serial connectors which come pre-configured based on the customer’s needs. This ensures that each phase is properly isolated and allows for superior wiring protection.
· Customizable: The solution can also come equipped with a broad range of available accessories such as auxiliary contacts, shunt trip and undervoltage trips, rotary handles, and motor operation capabilities.
The PowerPact PV Circuit Breakers and Disconnect Switches will be featured in Schneider Electric’s booth at Solar Power International 2013 (Booth #2003).
· For more information on PowerPact Photovoltaic Circuit Breakers and Disconnect Switches: http://www.schneider-electric.com/products/us/en/50300-circuit-breakers/50330-molded-case-circuit-breakers/62256-powerpact-photovaltaic-circuit-breakers-and-disconnect-switches/
· Follow Schneider Electric on Twitter @SchneiderElectricNA
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructure, Industries & Machines Manufacturers, Non-residential Building, Data Centers & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the company's 140,000 plus employees achieved sales of 30.8 billion US dollars (24 billion euros) in 2012, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.