New Content Updates
Educational Webcast Alerts
Building Products/Technology Notices
Access Exclusive Member Content
<< Power & Communication
Enhancements increase ease of use, safety and interoperability for residential, commercial and industrial power systems
PALATINE, Ill. –– Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, has announced updates to its line of industry leading power distribution products for residential, commercial and industrial installations. Schneider Electric’s market leading QO product offer now includes Plug-on Neutral Load Centers and Plug-on Neutral Combination Arc Fault (CAFI) circuit breakers. In addition, the Schneider Electric TeSysTM D and K families of overload relays are now available with a Short Circuit Current Rating (SCCR) enhancement for commercial and industrial applications.
Schneider Electric introduces the QO Plug-on Neutral Load Center and Plug-on Neutral CAFI Circuit Breaker:
· Recent National Electrical Code (NEC) changes have expanded the number of residential circuits requiring Combination Arc Fault (CAFI) protection. This expansion has led to more wire in panel gutter space, more demand for neutral connections, and additional time required for installation. The new QO Plug-on Neutral Load Centers and CAFI circuit breakers are designed to reduce installation time and free gutter space by eliminating one wire connection per CAFI circuit breaker installed. The QO Plug-on Neutral design features an innovative new neutral jaw and integrated neutral rail system engineered to replace the traditional pigtail wire connection. By simply installing the Plug-on Neutral CAFI circuit breaker in the Plug-on Neutral load center, the neutral connection is made reducing the installation time for arc-fault protected circuits.
· In the event a Combination Arc Fault circuit breaker trips, efficiently identifying the source of the trip event is a key benefit and value to quickly restoring the power to that circuit. To assist customers, Schneider Electric has developed the time-saver diagnostics indication feature, now standard in all Schneider Electric CAFI circuit breakers. Time-saver diagnostics helps take away the guess work and provides diagnostic assistance by identifying the type of fault that last occurred.
Schneider Electric TeSys D and TeSys K products with enhanced flexibility for meeting SCCR:
· Previously available only in predetermined combinations and assigned a specific SCCR, the enhanced Schneider Electric TeSys D and TeSys K products allows users the flexibility to choose any combination of products that meet or exceed their desired SCCR when used in compliance with maximum breaker or fuse ampacities. The updated offering expands on the industry’s largest line of contactors and starters available on the market.
· The SCCR rating is now written directly on the product label to provide ease of use during installation. The following SCCRs are now available: 65 kA SCCR can be used on any system up to 480 Vac and 32 amps protected by a circuit breaker; and 100 kA SCCR is available for any system up to 600 Vac protected by a fuse or up to 480 Vac and greater than 32 amps protected by a circuit breaker.
· For more information about Schneider Electric’s line of QO Load Centers and Circuit Breakers please call: 1-888-778-2733.
· To learn more about Schneider Electric’s TeSys D and TeSys K product family, please visit: http://products.schneider-electric.us/products-services/products/contactors-and-starters/nema-iec-contactors-and-starters/
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centers & Networks and Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the company’s 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of about 31 billion US dollars (22.4 billion euros) in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.