New Content Updates
Educational Webcast Alerts
Building Products/Technology Notices
Access Exclusive Member Content
<< Back to Facilities Management News Home
Washington, D.C. — March 16, 2016 — Early registration is now open for the Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association (RCMA) 2016 International Roof Coatings Conference (IRCC), which will take place at the Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia on July 18-21.
Offered in partnership with 11 industry organizations, the conference will be the premiere roof coatings event in 2016, and will offer education and industry updates to a variety of professionals involved in roofing and building sciences.
The third biennial IRCC is back following the very successful 2014 IRCC, which was attended by over 120 industry representatives. This year, RCMA has partnered with these 11 organizations to bring you the 2016 IRCC:
• Alliance to Save Energy (ASE)
• American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE)
• Canadian Paint and Coatings Association (CPCA)
• Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC)
• European Cool Roofs Council (ECRC)
• Global Cool Cities Alliance (GCCA)
• Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL)
• Liquid Roofing and Waterproofing Association (LRWA)
• National Research Council of Canada (NRC)
• National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA)
• Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
Before the conference, attendees can participate in a golf outing or volunteer in a roof coatings project with the Energy Coordinating Agency (ECA); these activities will take place concurrently on Monday, July 18.
The conference will officially begin with an opening reception on Monday evening and will conclude with a keynote presentation from RCI, Inc. and Paul Bromfield, GAF, on Wednesday afternoon, July 20. The following speakers will deliver presentations on a range of timely topics, sharing their research papers with meeting attendees, and participating in dialogues about the future of the coatings industry:
• Rick Miner, Arkema Coating Resins, “Advanced Elastomeric Cool Roof Coatings for Highly Weatherable Stay-Clean Coatings”
• Ben Borns and Doug Mazeffa, KST Coatings, and Jessica Slomka, NSF International, “Development of the Roof Coatings Product Category Rule (PCR)”
• Misty Huang, Momentive Performance Materials, “Hybrid Silyated Polyurethane Prepolymer Designed for High Performance Roof Coatings”
• Bill Kirn, Roof Technology Management, Inc.,“Life Cycle Cost Analysis Using Roof Coatings, a Study in Sustainable Roofing”
• Jim Hoff, TEGNOS Research, Inc. and Andre Desjarlais, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, “Reducing Peak Electrical Demand with Reflective Roofs”
• Joe Rokowski, Astec Re-Ply Roofing Systems,“Roof Preservation or Roof Restoration with Coatings: Thin or Thick Film?”
• Sarah Schneider, Cool Roof Rating Council, “Simulating Three Years of Roofing Material Weathering in a Mere Three Days”
• Keith Glassbrook, Capital E, Global Cool Cities Alliance, “The Costs and Benefits of Sustainable Roofing on Affordable Housing”
• Lorraine Ross, Intech Consulting Inc., “The New Green Scene Challenge: Material Health and Ingredient Disclosure”
• Victoria Demarest, Dow Chemical Co,, “Understanding and Improving Ponded Water Performance”
• Jim Arnold, Kemper System America, “Your First Step to Success – Substrate Preparation”
The RCMA Summer Meeting, open to both RCMA members and non-member guests, will follow the conclusion of the IRCC programming and will continue through the morning of Thursday, July 21. Highlights of the RCMA portion of the event will include presentations from FM Approvals and the Philadelphia Office of Sustainability, detailed reports on the association’s committee activities, and a roof coating end-user panel discussion.
Discounted “early bird” registration will run through May 6, 2016. For more information on the conference, including a complete schedule of events, registration information, and details on hotel accommodations, visit www.roofcoatings.org.
RCMA is the national trade association representing manufacturers of asphaltic and solar reflective roof coatings and the suppliers to the roof coatings industry. RCMA and the Reflective Roof Coatings Institute (RRCI) have merged into one industry association that continues to advance, promote, and expand the national and international market for roof coatings through education, outreach, technical advancement, and advocacy.