9/6/2012<< Back to Facilities Management Press Releases Home
Lutron Introduces New Stairwell Vandal-Resistant Fixture
Vandal-proof lens and hidden controls makes fixture ideal for public spaces
Coopersburg, PA – Light control manufacturer Lutron Electronics is pleased to announce a vandal-resistant version of its wireless PowPak® Stairwell Fixture. The easy-to-install, tamper-proof fixture features a heavy-duty lens and hidden wireless control that will withstand high-abuse applications in public spaces.
Lutron PowPak Stairwell Fixtures work in conjunction with Radio Powr Savr™ wireless occupancy sensors to reduce lighting electricity use by automatically adjusting light output based on stairwell occupancy. The fixtures and sensors communicate via Lutron Clear Connect™ radio frequency technology, providing enhanced flexibility to determine occupancy sensor quantities, mounting configuration, and placement requirements per the stairwell design.
Fully assembled and ready to install, the new vandal-proof luminaire includes an RF receiver mounted within the fixture (accessible through the ballast cover) and a Lutron EcoSystem® dimming ballast. A digital dimming ballast allows lights to be dimmed to preset levels rather than rely on bi-level switching, resulting in a solution that saves energy without sacrificing lamp life.
Features of the new Stairwell Vandal-Resistant Fixture:
· Available in a 1’ x 2’ or 1’ x 4’ version
· Standard Polycarbonate lens and tamper resistant screws
· T8, T5-HE, T5-HO Lamp Options
· Preprogrammed occupied and unoccupied light levels that are field-adjustable
· Universal input voltage 120-277 V
· Ceiling or wall surface mount
· Optional emergency ballast battery backup available
Benefits of the Stairwell Retrofit Solution:
· Energy Savings – ability to save over 80% of lighting energy usage through high-end trim and occupancy sensing1
· Simple Installation – wireless communication between devices via reliable Lutron Clear Connect radio frequency technology allows the occupancy sensor(s) to be mounted in the location that provides the maximum area of coverage with no need for additional wiring
· High ROI – approximate payback of 1-3 years
· Flexible – group multiple fixtures to a single occupancy sensor and/or multiple occupancy sensors to a single fixture
· Meets codes and standards – ASHRAE 90.1 2012 and IgCC (International Green Construction Code)
The Stairwell Vandal-Resistant Fixture is available now for order.
About Lutron Electronics (www.lutron.com)
Lutron Electronics, headquartered in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, designs and manufactures energy-saving light controls, automated window treatments and appliance modules for both residential and commercial applications. Its innovative, intuitive products can be used to control everything from a single light, to every light, shade and even stand-by power in a home or commercial building. Lutron products make any space more versatile, while enhancing ambiance, comfort and productivity. They also save energy and make light bulbs last longer, making them an eco-friendly addition to the home and workplace. Founded in 1961, Lutron estimates that the installed base of its products saves the nation nearly 10 billion kWh of electricity, or approximately $1 billion in utility costs per year. Lutron manufactures more than 16,000 energy-saving products, sold in more than 100 countries around the world.