9/30/2013<< Back to Facilities Management Press Releases Home
K.R. Moeller Introduces First Software to Control Masking Volume in Individual Hospital Rooms
Burlington, ON, Canada –– K.R. Moeller Associates Ltd., a global developer and manufacturer of sound masking technology, today announced the launch of Patient Room Manager for the LogiSon® Acoustic Network, the industry’s first software application to control sound masking volume in individual patient rooms.
The Patient Room Manager is the first and only sound masking software application that allows hospital staff to remotely control masking volume in individual patient rooms, from one central computer. This product development is significant because previously, masking volume control required users to either adjust physical wall switches in each patient room, access a complicated hardware device or install a third party control system with custom programming and expensive equipment.
Key features of Patient Room Manager include:
· Easy-to-use software that only requires a brief training session
· Intuitive and attractive interface
· Set-up is managed by a designated administrator who can allow users to create custom rooms, define settings and volume limits and change the desired volumes of masking and paging (see Image #1)
· To better manage the masking and paging volume in specific rooms, users can organize rooms by category and subcategories and easily locate them using the search tool (see Image #2)
Additional benefits of Patient Room Manager include:
· Replaces up to 125 pieces of volume control hardware and the significant cabling required to install them, making it the ‘lightest' option available for individual room control
· Simple to install on an existing nursing PC
· Eliminates the substantial cost of hardware and labour for wall switches or third-party controllers
· While manual controls can break down, Patient Room Manager exceeds the functionality of hardware-based solutions and will not suffer from wear and tear.
“Noise is a serious problem negatively affecting the delivery of quality healthcare. It slows healing, impacts staff’s concentration, and in the United States, even affects hospital funding through the Value-Based Purchasing program. We are delighted to be launching a software application that will have a positive impact on the delivery of patient care, allowing the nursing staff to remotely adjust the volume of the masking sound in patient rooms, increasing speech privacy, quality of sleep and overall acoustic comfort,” said Niklas Moeller, Vice-President, K.R. Moeller Associates Ltd.
K.R. Moeller Associates Ltd. is a global developer and manufacturer of sound masking technology, including the first networked sound masking, paging and music system, LogiSon Acoustic Network. K.R. Moeller is committed to product innovation and high quality customer service, as well as to providing sound masking education for customers and related professionals. K.R. Moeller is headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, Canada and is a privately-held company. For more information, visit www.logison.com.