9/11/2012<< Back to Facilities Management Press Releases Home
Honeywell ComfortPoint Open Improves Facility Comfort While Cutting Energy And Operating Costs
· New Heating and Cooling Controls Feature Built-In Integration, Productivity, Utility-Management Tools
· System Delivers Benefits to Consulting Engineers, Building Operators
MINNEAPOLIS – Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today introduced the ComfortPoint® Open Building Management System, the next generation of the company’s technology to control and optimize heating and cooling equipment in facilities.
ComfortPoint Open improves ease of use through Web and mobile accessibility, reduces energy costs with built-in utility meter management tools and advanced energy reporting, and provides flexibility to grow and expand with end-to-end BACnet® integration.
“This system was built from the ground up specifically for HVAC management,” said Greg Turner, vice president of global offerings for Honeywell Building Solutions. “We focused on delivering a simple, effective platform that gives operators maximum control of facility comfort. And even though it’s easy to use and navigate, there are powerful applications running in the background to uncover potential efficiency improvements and bottom-line savings.”
ComfortPoint Open increases productivity through an intuitive user interface that puts operators only a couple mouse clicks away from any detail they need. In addition, facility personnel can access the system online, giving them a convenient, round-the-clock way to view building equipment, manage alarms, and change schedules. Operators can also use the Honeywell EasyMobile™ client interface to manage and control equipment from a variety of mobile devices, such as a smartphone or Apple iPad®.
The system provides a number of other features that make it easy for consulting engineers to specify ComfortPoint Open, and building managers to boost operational and energy savings:
· Ease of Installation and Integration: ComfortPoint Open is ready to use out of the box, requiring minimal programming and modification during installation. And it is one of a few select systems to have components throughout the system tested and listed by the BACnet Testing Laboratories (BTL), a third-party lab that verifies compliance with the open BACnet communication protocol. That means everything from the operator workstation to fully programmable and configurable controllers will connect and integrate with other BTL-listed equipment. As a result, builders can deliver projects on time and budget, and give their customers a robust system for the total lifecycle of a facility.
· Greater Visibility to Reduce Energy Costs: On average, heating, cooling and ventilation comprise 40 percent of facility energy expenses. ComfortPoint Open’s built-in utility meter management and analysis can effectively identify opportunities for energy reduction and pinpoint potential equipment issues. The control system features more than 15 pre-defined reports as well, which deliver the most commonly requested building information and provide additional insight on equipment performance. Facility personnel can quickly customize the data points and build additional reports too. The reporting capabilities also support the measurement and verification requirements needed to meet green building standards like Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
· Flexibility to Grow and Expand: Because ComfortPoint Open is BACnet compliant and BTL listed, facility managers can expand the system and add third-party components without significant reconfiguration. Additionally, ComfortPoint Open is compatible with other building automation protocols, including MODBUS®. And its flexibility enables operators to easily scale controls and metering as business requirements evolve.
Along with delivering simple and precise comfort control, ComfortPoint Open easily integrates with other facility systems — such as lighting, security and life safety equipment — through Honeywell’s building automation platform, Enterprise Buildings Integrator™ (EBI). ComfortPoint Open can also connect with Honeywell Attune™ Advisory Services to support advanced building performance analysis, continuous commissioning and building optimization to help maximize system uptime and reduce long-term costs.
To learn more about the Honeywell ComfortPoint Open, please visit comfortpointopen.honeywell.com.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com. Honeywell Building Solutions is part of the Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions business group, a global leader in providing product and service solutions that improve efficiency and profitability, support regulatory compliance, and maintain safe, comfortable environments in homes, buildings and industry. For more information: www.honeywell.com/buildingsolutions.