4/1/2014<< Back to Facilities Management Press Releases Home
EPCO Introduces Fixture For Stairwells And Low-Occupancy Areas That Require 24/7 Lighting
Stairwell Light Fixture integrates occupancy sensor to cut annual electricity use by 50-75 percent
MINNEAPOLIS — Engineered Products Company (EPCO), a supplier of specialty lighting and wiring consumable products for electrical contractors, has announced the availability of its new Stairwell Light Fixture that provides energy-efficient 24/7 lighting designed to maintain minimum illumination standards in compliance with the ASHRAE/IES 90.1-2010 building standard. “Our new fixture transforms safety and security lighting into an energy-conservation, cost-saving* opportunity to save 50-75 percent per fixture in annual electricity use, with the addition of lighting control occupancy sensors,” said EPCO President Jack Schuster. “This reduces the output to 25 percent of the minimum standard when no one is present. When the sensor detects someone is in the area, illumination is restored to full brightness.”
EPCO’s Stairwell Light Fixture is an ideal lighting choice for areas that require 24/7 illumination whether they are occupied or not, such as stairwells in commercial, public, and multi-residence facilities (hotels, condominiums, nursing homes, office buildings, and university dormitories). Sporadically occupied locations within buildings benefit from the fixture, including corridors, public egress, restrooms, storage rooms, lunch and break rooms, document rooms, conference and training rooms, locker and dressing rooms, laundry and maintenance rooms.
Stairwell Light Fixture Features
· UL listed; suitable for indoor use only
· Designed for wall-mount applications only; T8 lamps not supplied
· High-quality two or three-lamp light fixtures that operate on 120V/277V circuits
· Corrosion-resistant fixture housing, fixture housing channel ends, and lamp socket brackets manufactured from 22-gauge carbon steel, pre-painted with a highly reflective white finish
· Mounting: two keyhole slots on fixture’s rear panel for surface mounting to a wall
· Installation: eight knockouts provided on the top, side and rear panel of the light fixture to facilitate fixture wiring
· Impact-resistant lens types: prismatic or milk white acrylic
· Lamp conditioning circuit operates lamps at 100 percent before allowing the lighting control to switch into full occupancy operating mode to ensure long lamp life
· Optional emergency battery back-up to ensure emergency lighting is available in the event of a power outage even if the fixture is not on an emergency circuit
· All light fixtures 100 percent factory tested before shipment
* New facilities that install or existing facilities that retrofit with the Stairwell Light Fixture may qualify for a rebate from their local utility.
Engineered Products Company supplies electrical distributors with specialty lighting, lighting accessories, and wiring solutions that address a wide range of standard and unique applications. EPCO’s durable, reliable products, high fill rate, on-time delivery, and no-risk purchase terms optimize distributor cash flow and profit margins on the consumable products electricians use for commercial, industrial, agricultural and residential buildings. Known for its exceptional customer service, as well as sales representatives who are the most knowledgeable in the electrical industry, the Minneapolis-based company offers multiple configurations of products to meet a broad variety of building applications. For more information, call (800) 336-1976 or visit www.engproducts.com.