Facilities & Operations Mgr - Charlotte, NC - Facilities Management Job Post
Please send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
POSITION TITLE: Facilities and Operations Manager
DEPARTMENT: Plant Operations
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
Salary: $90 - 100k annually
POSITION SUMMARY: Develop, direct, control, plan, and evaluate policies and procedures in all areas of facilities, grounds, custodial services, property, transportation, and vehicle maintenance. Responsible for plant operations budgetary planning, forecasting and the implementation of all plant operation endeavors within cost controls and constraints. Coordinate and solicit outside contractor bids and agreements. Monitor all properties for safety violations and protect the assets of the school. Develop, direct, control, plan, and evaluate policies and procedures in all areas of plant operations, custodial, grounds, and transportation.
• Be familiar with all buildings, grounds, equipment, vehicles, and maintenance/custodians issues and challenges. Maintain and update monthly a written status of all work projects.
• Demonstrate sound oral and written communications skills.
• Develop and implement a positive work environment and team-building skills to enhance staff performance and well-being.
• Serves as accountable officer for real property, infrastructure and associated capital equipment.
ASSISTS CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO):
• Develop, coordinate, negotiate and monitor to completion all contracts related to Plant Operations, then present to CFO for final approval.
• Provide staff assistance to the CFO, prepare and present staff reports and other necessary correspondence as required.
• Attend public relations meeting when necessary with, schools and organizations to promote good partnerships, educate personnel on subordinate programs or other items as required by the CFO.
• Provide input to the CFO in resolving difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints pertaining to repairs and maintenance activities.
• Provide input to the CFO to establish a long-term capital improvement and sustainment plan
• Maintain a system for tracking all budget accounts relating to facilities management. Submit to CFO for approval annual operating and capital budget.
• Assist in the development and execution of Master Plan, as it relates to facilities, infrastructure, long-term capital improvements and the overall vision, goals and business model.
• Reviews, develops and coordinates, as necessary, emergency preparedness plans.
• Interviews, hires, coordinates, counsels, supervises and terminates, as necessary, all staff under their supervision.
• Develops and implements subordinate performance evaluation, education, development and retention program.
• Develop, implement and monitor for compliance a random drug-testing program for all drivers.
• Coordinate facility, infrastructure and capital asset needs with other staff agencies, personnel and board members to maintain and promote a positive work, school, business environment for long-term sustainment of the school programs.
• Owners representative during construction projects.
• Perfomrs other duties as assigned.
MAINTAINS FACILITIES AND GROUNDS:
• Develop, implement and maintain a system to solicit, collect, evaluate and follow to completion all request for bids and contracts on all approved projects.
• Insure all contracts negotiated are satisfactory completed in a timely manner and within budget guidelines and insuring payments are not processed until all work is satisfactorily completed.
• Develop and implement and routinely update approved vendor list for all for routine maintenance.
• Develop, implement and monitor property inventory control program.
• Plan, direct, oversees and manages assign work activities, projects and programs. Monitor work in progress, review evaluate and provide written progress reports on methods, procedures and lessons learned.
• Assist local building standards, insurance, health and fire department personnel in conducting school system inspections. Insure compliance with the Health Department and Safety standard and other pertinent laws.
• Coordinate and facilitate necessary facility modifications and additions to promote and accommodate advancing IT technologies, to include ensuring adequate infrastructure is incorporated into capital improvements.
• Process and complete all property insurance claims.
• Organize, coordinate and monitor for timely completion routine maintenance and capital expenditures to be accomplished when school is not in session.
• Ensure a system is established to answer all emergency calls, dispatch appropriate vendors.
• Ensures compliance of all facility and infrastructure systems with applicable codes and maintains operability of all such systems.
• Monitor utilities and negotiate with utility companies in order to reduce utility bills. Develop a supporting program to adapt emerging energy technologies and reduce dependency upon traditional energy consumption.
• Coordinates, monitors, and schedules all facilities usage and insures that all non-school related facilities use is charged back to the user.
• Organize, coordinate and monitor housekeeping activities to ensure safe and healthy facility conditions, compliant with required regulations.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive building automation system program, accommodating existing and emerging technologies, controls and management platforms.
MANAGES VEHICLE FLEET AND BUSSING REQUIREMENTS:
• Establish, implement and monitor a vehicle logbook system.
• Develop implement and monitor for compliance a preventive maintenance program.
• Monitor daily bus operation, budgetary planning, future bus needs controls and constraints.
• Be familiar with all bus routes. Conduct quarterly safety training.
• Develop, coordinate, negotiate and monitor all mechanical work, fuel service, inspections related to the safe mechanical operation of all vehicles.
• Insure that all vehicles are properly licensed.
• Solicit bids for new vehicles, services, mechanical contracts and other related challenges that may surface in order to keep the vehicles in safe and presentable condition.
• Plan, direct, oversees and manages all bus routes.
• Assist in scheduling bus departure times, and return times on all bus stops.
• Assist in scheduling busses and drivers for requested field trips. Keep records and prepare statements to the accounting department for invoicing the requesting parties.
• Approve all bus drivers’ time sheets and submit them to Human Resources.
• Process and investigate all accident reports, insurance claims, and injury claims within 24 hours of report.
• Maintain a quality staff of vehicle drivers and maintenance staff. Insuring that all vehicle drivers have the proper license, are OSHA trained NC School Bus Drivers Certified, drug tested, criminal background checked, and CPR trained.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field preferred
• Ten years progressive experience in project design, bidding, and construction management.
• Ten years progressive experience in plant operations, facility management and capital asset management.
• Basic leadership and supervisory principles and practices; including developmental training programs.
• Five years experience working with Security, Natural Disaster and other protective services programs preferred.
• Demonstrated high quality managerial skills and initiative.
• Understanding and experience with building automation systems and “Smart” building technologies.
• Ability to develop and forecast capital improvement and sustainment program.
• Understanding of Leadership in Environmental, Energy and Design (LEED) principles
• Knowledge and experience with job site/Work Place health and safety requirements
• Basic knowledge of electricity, plumbing, HVAC codes, requirements, and principles
• Able to read wiring diagrams for equipment and blue prints from drawings
• Must have a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record; capable of acquiring Class B driver’s license with P & S endorsements
• Ability to use a personal computer.
• Working knowledge of software packages Excel and Word. Please send cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org