Facilities Manager - Facilities Management Job Post
Breg provides premium, high-value sports medicine products and services that advance orthopedic patient care. From pioneering cold therapy products and innovative bracing to caring customer service and award-winning orthopedic practice solutions, Breg delivers a 360°customer experience unmatched in the industry.
Founded in 1989, Breg offers cold therapy, knee, shoulder, spine, elbow/wrist, foot/ankle bracing and orthopedic practice solutions. The Company’s products are sold through more than 100 distributors in 36 countries. Breg is based in Carlsbad, CA.
We currently have a full time opening for a Facilities Manager at our Carlsbad, California headquarters.
Directs and coordinates strategic initiatives for facility occupancy and usage. Manages activities related to facility infrastructure and security. This includes evaluation of new and acquired facilities as well as repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems of existing facilities. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining and improving Breg’s security and property protection programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for planning, budgeting, and scheduling facilities modifications. This includes cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
• Selects and manages contractors and sub- contractors. Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
• Manages, reviews and maintains facility related contracts. Oversees building space allocation, layout, and services.
• Manages personnel and workers engaged in facility maintenance. This includes scheduling repairs and maintenance of utilities that provide heat, steam, electric power, gas, or pneumatic services.
• Leads the formulation of security policies, and implements appropriate security procedures and programs for the organization.
• Confers with representatives of local government to ensure cooperation and coordination of company activities with law enforcement and other governmental agencies.
• In concert with the safety committee, develops and implements the policies and procedures necessary to adhere all governmental requirements for hazardous harmful materials and manufacturing equipment. Includes management, training, maintenance of MSDS, disposal and record keeping. Works with the safety committee and other staff members to assure the safety of employees. This includes performing Hazard Assessment Surveys on all job functions, establishing specific safety training requirements for each employee and ensuring that each employee is properly trained and has a clear understanding of the hazard(s) of their responsibilities.
• Serves as contact person for all health and safety regulatory agencies i.e. OSHA, state, county and federal permitting agencies, EPA, Air Pollution Control, etc.
• Develops preventative maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff. Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modification with engineering staff.
• Leads injury and near-miss accidents investigations to minimize recurrence and to prepare accident reports. Coordinates accident investigations and criminal act investigations occurring on company property
• Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
• Responsible for taking accountability to demonstrate the organization’s Cultural Beliefs and achieving desired results. Responsible for driving the Culture within the organization by using tools such as storytelling, focused feedback, and recognition. Performance is aligned with the Culture of Accountability - See It, Own It, Solve It, and Do It. All employees are expected to know and understand Breg’s Cultural Beliefs.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors Degree required.
• Minimum of 5 years facilities management as well as a technical background in facilities management and manufacturing maintenance.
• Must have proven ability in managing personnel and contractors in the following areas: machine maintenance, building and construction, electrical, plumbing, and janitorial services.
• Must have extensive experience managing contractors and sub contractors.
• Experienced in managing large-scale construction and relocation projects. Multi -site management a plus.
• Facilities Management Certificate required.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.breg.com and click on the ‘Careers’ section.
Breg is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.