New Content Updates
Educational Webcast Alerts
Building Products/Technology Notices
Access Exclusive Member Content
[ Purchase job posting ]
Apply at: http://www.cuny.edu
Custodial Assistant (Hourly) - School of Professional Studies - Reopened
Job ID: 16875
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Under supervision, performs work of ordinary difficulty in cleaning public buildings and their immediate
grounds; performs related light labor.
There is no Assignment Level for this position. All personnel perform related work. This specification
describes typical assignments; related duties may be assigned as needed.
- Sweeps, damp mops, and wet mops office floors, toilets, corridors, lobbies, and other assigned floor
- Cleans washbasins and other toilet room facilities.
- Washes walls by hand with a brush or by using an electric machine.
- Scrubs floors with an electric machine; waxes and polishes floors.
- Hand scrubs stairs and stair landings.
- Empties waste basket and disposes of refuse.
- Vacuums and cleans rugs, carpets, and upholstered furniture.
- Dusts and removes and cleans window coverings such as blinds.
- Performs shoulder high dusting of walls.
- Dusts and polishes furniture and metal work.
- Cleans mirrors and glass in bookcase, doors, and restrooms.
- Washes electric light fixtures.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies in toilets.
- Sweeps sidewalks and removes snow from sidewalks; washes sidewalks and lower portion of
buildings with brush and hose.
- Replaces bulbs and fuses.
- Attends a low pressure heating plant.
- May occasionally operate an elevator, move furniture, or act as watch person.
- Reports broken equipment.
- Observes safety and environmental health precautions as directed.
- Puts up safety warnings and/or stanchions for wet floors or other areas for limited access during
- Sorts refuse for recycling.
- Cleans small kitchens and/or coffee service areas.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
CUNY School of Professional Studies provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs
that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a
bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the
workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers
fully accredited online degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and
convenience of online education.
CUNY SPS is seeking applications for the position of Custodial Assistant (Hourly). The schedule may
include evening hours.
There are no formal education or experience requirements.
There are certain medical and physical requirements as established by University management.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule is required
New Hire: $14.03/hr*
*This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job
title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans.
Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health
benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on ``Apply Now`` below which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you
must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure
to upload a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references (name, title, organization, and
contact information) by the closing date.
October 31, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian
Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be
discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or
gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.