New Content Updates
Educational Webcast Alerts
Building Products/Technology Notices
Access Exclusive Member Content
John D. Finney, senior communication and change management consultant with Towers Watson, discusses the five questions to answer when communicating change. This is part of the April 2011 Building Operating Management cover story coverage.
John D. Finney
Senior Communication and Change Management Consultant
There are five questions to answer whenever you’re communicating change.
1. What is the rationale for the change and why now?
2. What does it mean to me? Putting it in a context of meaning to the actual employees.
3. What do I need to do differently to be successful? Give me that guidance, give me that direction, help me do what needs to be done so I can be successful and continue to contribute.
4. What tools, information or resources can you offer to me to help me succeed? What is available either from the manager, from the company, from the organization?
5. Where do I go if I have questions?
communication, change, facility management,