New Content Updates
Educational Webcast Alerts
Building Products/Technology Notices
Access Exclusive Member Content
Johnson Controls Inc.
| Company information
An extensive line of Metasys System field gear is now BACnet Testing Laboratory (BTL) certified, a status that confirms the components' interoperability with other BACnet devices.
The following components are now listed with BACnet International, BTL's parent organization:
- Network Automation Engine (B-BC)
- Network Control Engine (B-BC)
- Field Equipment Controller (B-ASC)
- VAV Modular Assembly (B-ASC)
- Input/Output Module (B-ASC)
- TEC Network Fan Coil and Zoning Thermostat Controllers (B-ASC)
- TEC Network Staged Thermostat Controller (B-ASC)
- Network Sensor (B-SS)
BACnet is a data communications protocol for building automation and control devices including HVAC equipment, and fire and life safety systems. The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) adopted BACnet as a standard in 1995. ASHRAE Standard Project Committee 135 oversees and maintains it.
Content Category: Building Automation